Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions: Star Power – Auckland 2015 Competition (the "Competition")
1. The promoter is Mercedes-Benz New Zealand Limited, 9 Pacific Rise, Mt Wellington, Auckland, 1060 ("Promoter").
2. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions of entry into the Competition.
3. Information on how to enter and the prize forms part of these terms and conditions. Any entry not complying with these terms and conditions is invalid. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is invalid or not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Where reasonably requested by the Promoter, the entrant must provide the Promoter with evidence of compliance with these terms and conditions.
4. Subject to paragraph 5, entry is open to all New Zealand residents who hold a current and full New Zealand driver's licence and who are over the age of 21 years.
5. Employees (and their immediate family members) of the Promoter, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services New Zealand Limited, the Promoter's dealers and the agencies associated with this Competition are ineligible to enter this Competition. The term "immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parents, grandparents, step-grandparent, brother, sister, step-brother, and step-sister.
6. The Competition commences on 26/11/2015 at 8.00am and closes at 29/11/15 at 6.00pm ("Competition Period").
7. To enter:
a. all entrants must have a photo taken by a Mercedes-Benz Ambassador whilst visiting the Star Power event located at Halsey Wharf Auckland. A Mercedes-Benz Ambassador will then assist participants to upload a photo via their personal Facebook page or email it to their given email address, The photo must have one of the Mercedes-Benz SUV range that is on display at the event incorporated in the photo; and
b. all entrants must have their photo taken via the Smile Dealers app that the Mercedes-Benz Ambassadors will be using to be eligible to go in the draw.
Event days and times;
Thursday 26th November: 8am – 6pm
Friday 27th November: 8am – 7pm
Saturday 28th November: 10am – 7pm
Sunday 29th November: 10am – 6pm
8. The entry for the Competition is limited to one per person during the Competition Period.
9. There will be one winner drawn for the purposes of this Competition. The prize for the winner is ("Prize"):
a. the use of a Mercedes-Benz loan vehicle for a Month (the type of vehicle will be from the Mercedes-Benz SUV range but will exclude the G Class and will be at the sole discretion of the Promoter and dependent on availability);
b. The dates that this prize is valid for use are from the 1st December 2015 – March 31st 2016
10. The vehicle must:
a. be picked up from Mercedes-Benz New Zealand Limited, 9 Pacific Rise, Mt Wellington, Auckland, 1060 on a suitable date as agreed between the winner and the Promoter, but no later than the last business day, three months following the date when the Competition was drawn;
b. be loaned to the winner on a suitable date, the collection date will not be agreed to be during the holiday period between December 22nd 2015 to January 4th 2016; and
c. be returned to the Mercedes-Benz New Zealand Limited, 9 Pacific Rise, Mt Wellington, Auckland, 1060 dealership at the date specified by the Promoter, during normal business hours.
11. The Competition will be drawn at random on 5pm on 01/12/2015 based on the information provided via Smile Dealers tracked images from all valid entries received during the Competition Period. All valid entries received within the Competition Period will automatically go in the draw. The draw shall be held on 5pm on 01/12/2015 at the Promoter's head office located at 9 Pacific Rise, Mt Wellington, Auckland, 1060.
12. If successful, the winner will be notified by email and/or phone and/or private message by Facebook on or before 5pm on 01/12/2015. If the winner cannot be contacted, or the winner is unable to redeem the Prize for whatever reason, the Prize will be re-drawn at random by the Promoter. No compensation will be payable to a winner who cannot be contacted or who cannot redeem the Prize for whatever reason.
13. Travel arrangements to and from Mercedes-Benz New Zealand Limited, 9 Pacific Rise, Mt Wellington, Auckland, 1060 do not form part of the Prize and are the responsibility of the winner. The vehicle must be returned in the same condition as it was provided. The Promoter reserves the right to invoice the winner for any cleaning charges.
14. The winner will ensure no other person drives the vehicle, without the express consent of the Promoter. The winner agrees to take reasonable care of the vehicle and to take reasonable precautions to safeguard the vehicle from loss and damage. The winner must ensure that the vehicle is locked at all times when not being used, activates any alarm and/or immobiliser if installed in the vehicle, and parks the vehicle on their private property.
15. The winner will be required to confirm in writing that they have a valid full New Zealand driver's license which is current and that they will not be in breach of any condition of their driver's licence by driving the vehicle. The winner will be required to provide the Promoter with a copy of their valid New Zealand driver's licence and current address details. The winner will also be required to sign and comply with the terms of the Promoter's standard agreement for loan vehicles (the Authorised Driver Declaration) (copy is available on request).
16. The winner agrees not to smoke or carry any pets or goods in the vehicle while it is their care. In the event this condition is breached the winner will be liable for any cleaning costs incurred.
17. All traffic infringements, parking fines and the like, incurred while the vehicle is in the winner's possession and care, must be reported to the Promoter and will be payable entirely by the winner.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to charge for any part or accessory removed or lost from the vehicle where in the opinion of the Promoter has been caused by the winner's lack of vigilance in safeguarding the vehicle.
19. The winner must at all times operate the vehicle within all and any applicable traffic regulations and local laws. Any breach of these terms and conditions or any applicable law which in turn, causes a breach of the Promoter insurance cover and negates the Promoter being able to claim for loss or damage then the winner will indemnify the Promoter in respect of such loss or damage.
20. In the event of loss or damage which the Promoter is able to claim from their insurance cover, the winner shall be liable for (and indemnify the Promoter for) the excess amount stated in the Authorised Driver Declaration being the Promoter policy excess on the vehicle (copy available on request).
21. Unless explicitly stated in the Prize summary at paragraph 9, all costs incurred by the winner, and any other expenses incurred while redeeming the Prize, will be at the expense of the winner.
22. In accepting the Prize, the winner agrees to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winner agrees to grant the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive license to use such footage and photographs in all media (including the Promoter's Facebook page) and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use. The winner may be required to confirm their agreement to these terms and conditions again before receiving the Prize.
23. The Promoter expressly reserves the right to resolve any discrepancies, disputes or otherwise unforeseen circumstances as it deems fit and the Promoter's decision will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter expressly reserves the right to change or alter these terms and conditions at any time.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award the Prize to any entrant who the Promoter (in its sole discretion) believes has gained an unfair advantage in participating in the Competition or won using fraudulent means.
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries.
26. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered by any entrant or winner (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), or for any personal injury suffered or sustained by the entrant or winner as a result of entering into the Competition and/or accepting any prize, except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
27. If the Competition is not capable of running as planned due to any reason, including unauthorised intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) in its sole discretion to cancel the Competition or to disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process.
28. Entrants' personal information will be collected by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable it to administer the Competition and publicise its winner(s). The personal information of the winner may be provided to others assisting in the conduct of the Competition, including the Competition administrator, and prize suppliers and deliverers. Persons may contact the Promoter by post at the address set out in paragraph 1 to request access to, or correction of, any of their collected personal information that is held by the Promoter. If an entrant does not provide accurate personal information the Promoter may determine that they are not eligible to win the Prize.