Why buy your Mercedes-Benz in New Zealand
You're seriously thinking of buying a Mercedes-Benz product. Great, we're delighted. Your next vehicle from Mercedes-Benz New Zealand will provide you a total ownership experience that perfectly complements the expectations of New Zealand drivers.
- Vehicles built specifically for the New Zealand market
- Confidence, trust and peace of mind
- Warranty and Service benefits
- Exclusive invitations and customer programs
- Tailored finance, leasing and insurance
- Factory Trained and Certified Sales and Service staff
- Reputable dealer network across New Zealand
The information provided below explains the many advantages of purchasing or leasing a New Zealand equipped Mercedes-Benz or AMG vehicle from an authorised New Zealand Mercedes-Benz dealer.
Vehicles built specifically for the New Zealand market
The New Zealand market is different. In fact, only some vehicle types and engines are available in New Zealand because each model we bring to the country is Market approved, and Engineer Certified in Germany for use in our unique New Zealand market.
When establishing equipment levels for the vehicles available in our local market, Mercedes-Benz New Zealand chooses standard features and equipment that are best suited to meet the challenges of New Zealand’s wide-ranging environmental and driving conditions. And importantly meet the needs and expectations of the New Zealand customers.
If you are comparing vehicles from other markets, like the United Kingdom, please bear in mind this critical component as in many cases, New Zealand New cars are higher equipped than those in the U.K. Therefore, a simple Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)* comparison is inaccurate at best and only represents part of the entire picture.
There are also market specific equipment differences. Depending on the model, United Kingdom and New Zealand New vehicles can differ considerably in terms of specifications. Unlike U.K vehicles, New Zealand new vehicles may include any of the following features in terms of specification or standard equipment:
- Airbags - Side Rear
- Reversing Camera
- PRE-SAFE® anticipatory occupant protection system
- COMAND Online – with media interface
- Driving Assistance package – inc Active Blind Spot Assist, Active Lane-Keeping Assist, DISTRONIC PLUS with Steering Assist, PRE-SAFE® Brake with Active Pedestrian Protection, Brake Assist (BAS) with Junction Assist, Rear-end Collision warning and protection system.
- LED Intelligent Light System
- New Zealand mapping data
- Rear seats – split folding, with through-loading facility.
Whether new or pre-owned, buying a New Zealand New vehicle comes with added benefits.
Finance and leasing tailored for your individual needs
When customers purchase a New Zealand New Mercedes-Benz or AMG vehicle, they benefit from the support and service that only Mercedes-Benz New Zealand, its authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer network and their captive financier Mercedes-Benz Financial Services New Zealand can provide. New vehicle promotions, campaigns, and incentives offered by Mercedes-Benz New Zealand and Mercedes-Benz Financial are only available on New Zealand New Mercedes-Benz and AMG vehicles purchased from an authorised New Zealand Mercedes-Benz dealer.
- Highly flexible financing and leasing programs to suit you
- Competitive fixed rates for the term of the loan
- Ease of entry with no deposit options available to approved customers.
- Convenient finance renewal process with preferential benefits for repeat customer
- Ability to protect your New Mercedes-Benz with one of the best insurance policies currently available in New Zealand
Prestige insurance protection for your New Mercedes-Benz
- Three years new for old replacement on your New Zealand New Mercedes-Benz and AMG vehicles
- Authorised Repair Network to ensure your Mercedes-Benz remains in perfect condition
- Genuine Parts Guarantee ensures your Mercedes-Benz remains one of the world’s safest vehicles
- Immediate cover
Warranty and service benefits
All New Zealand New vehicles are shipping and cared for directly from the factory, and this service continues well into the ownership period. Our comprehensive Owner Protection Plan means peace of mind for three years for new Mercedes-Benz passenger cars purchased from authorised dealers in New Zealand. There's no kilometre limitation and your vehicle is covered for parts and labour charges incurred in rectifying a manufacturing defect relating to materials or workmanship.
New Zealand New Mercedes-Benz vehicles have the following coverage:
- 3 year / unlimited kilometre factory backed warranty*
- 3 year / unlimited kilometre service plan*
- 3 years Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance, 24 hours, 365 days of the year*
- 5-year perforation corrosion coverage*
- Factory Trained and Certified Service Technicians
- Guaranteed use of Genuine New Mercedes-Benz parts
- Complimentary use of Service Loan vehicles while your car is being serviced
- Complimentary service pick-up and delivery from and to customer's residence or office
- Goodwill consideration after the expiration of the new car warranty
- Approved Pre-owned Warranty can be applied on qualifying New Zealand New Pre-owned vehicles. These warranties will not be issued by Mercedes-Benz New Zealand for imported vehicles
The New Zealand dealer organization is factory certified, trained and equipped to service New Zealand New vehicles. As some imported vehicle variants are not offered in New Zealand line up, dealerships only carry and stock New Zealand New Genuine parts. This can have implications for an imported vehicle.
Confidence, Trust and Peace of Mind
Mercedes-Benz New Zealand dealer network is solid, trustworthy and reliable. Our authorised retailers and service centres are guided by rigorous and exacting standards. Mercedes-Benz New Zealand works very closely with its dealers to ensure that customers have the highest level of confidence, trust and peace of mind when buying or leasing a Mercedes-Benz or AMG product.
For the dealer, a sale to a local customer is the beginning of a long-term, loyal relationship; for the customer, buying the car locally means a superior ownership experience. Customers are encouraged to buy their car where they intend to service it, as they will benefit from local dealers' expertise on New Zealand New cars and knowledge of New Zealand support programs.
All of Mercedes-Benz New Zealand programs and measures (vehicle specifications, equipment levels, options, residual values, warranties, goodwill, service conveniences, etc.) are based on the particularities of the New Zealand market environment and have been designed specifically for the protection, comfort, and convenience of the New Zealand customer.
We encourage you to visit one of the 9 authorised Mercedes-Benz dealerships in New Zealand. A sales consultant will be happy to spend the necessary time to show you in more details the significant benefits of buying locally.
Mercedes-Benz is dedicated to delivering the best ownership experience in the automotive luxury segment.
*from the date of first registration.